Motivated by Blake Wilkey's "Urban Assault" video and the 1965 VW Bug sitting in his grandma's basement, 15 year old Trent Matheis had the perfect recipe for his 700 horsepower, street legal, wheelie machine! This flame shooting beast has a completely custom suspension setup accompanied by King Shocks dual rate coilovers which allows for about 20 inches of travel! It has a 5.7 liter LS w/ a stage 2 turbo cam, a 102 throttle body, and a beautiful pair of 58mm turbos. The Weddle Industries sequential S4D trans handles the shifting duties. And to top it all off, the Holley Terminator ECU.
This 1965 Ford Mustang was originally being build for Nic Matheis as his first car, but as the build progressed, Nic decided it wouldn't be the best daily driver! It turned into the shop project. She runs on a SFI 25.1 tube chassis with strut front suspension and 4-link rear suspension. Under the hood is a Precision 66mm twin turbo setup paired with a 354 CI HEMI V8, pushing 1,200 horsepower, capable of 1,400! With the blowoff valve peeking through the grille, giving a hint of what's inside, it also has Ross pistons, an aftermarket steel crank, Hot Heads aluminum heads, and H-beam rods. This shy but menacing beauty made its first public appearance at the Street Machine Nationals in DuQuoin, Illinois. Only the first of many!
- Twin turbo LS
- SVE stock bottom end big block 6.0
-Twin 72mm Borg Warner Turbos, done by Chris Watkins
- Chromoly 8.50 cage
- Fully fabricated Ford 9 inch rear end
- Original steel body
- Air to water intercooled system
- DTR stage 4 turbo cam
- Ran on holley Terminator w/ Holley dash
- Custom trans tunnel
- Custom sheet metal floors, fully carpeted
- Fitted w/ full factory interior
- Full chassis, headers, piping, and all related components done by us at Matheis Race Cars
- Ran deep in 4.20 sec range
- "Stella", the street resemblance CTS-V pro mod
- 526ci Brad Anderson supercharged and methanol injected Hemi
- Roughly 3,000 HP
- 25.5 upgrade
- Iconic Nova off of famous TV show "Street Outlaws"
-Long travel front end done by us at Matheis Race Cars
"I've met a lot of great people through the years, and one of them led me to Matheis Race Cars for my own car. I've been very pleased with everything they've done for me and I recommend them to many others."
- "Super Rat 2", courtesy of Walker Racing
- 230 mph, low 6-second, street machine
- Built to compete in Walker's mainstay PSCA pro street class and NHRA "Get Screened America" pro mod competition
Fully built by Matheis Race Cars Inc. Not limited to, but including:
- Full 25.2 / 25.3 4130 chassis
- Fabricated 9" Ford housing with Pro Mod 4 link suspension
- Afco Big gun coilover shocks
-Pro mod anti-roll bar and wishbone
Up front, it has Strange Aluma Struts with Siletto rack and pinion steering. Power comes from a twin turbo bbc.
Full pro mod style interior, custom fabricated dash, carbon tubs, and 4130 drive shaft enclosure.
Finishing off the exterior with glasstek front end, doors, and deck lid. Carbon wing and fender exit exhaust.